Education and Events
AWT has education and training for water treatment professionals at every stage in their career. Following is a guide to help you supplement any internal training already offered at your company.
- New Hire (0-6 months experience)
- Beginner (6 months-2 years experience)
- Intermediate (2-5 years experience)
- Advanced (CWT Prep and 5+ years experience)
- In-Person, Water Treatment Training: This intensive three-day training, geared toward experienced water treatment professionals, covers the gambit—regulatory and safety issues, water chemistry and testing, calculations, boiler water treatment, cooling water chemistry, and much more.
- Certified Water Technologist (CWT) Exam: The CWT designation provides professional recognition and indicates that an individual has achieved a high level of experience, knowledge, and education in the industry. Candidates must have a minimum of five years of field experience.
- AWT Annual Convention and Expositions: The Association of Water Technologies (AWT) Annual Convention and Exposition continues to grow and evolve each year. With interactive sessions that provide you with additional industry knowledge, as well as lots of ways to network with your peers, the Annual Convention is an extremely valuable educational opportunity for all water treatment professionals.
- Additional Training Options
- In-Person, Sales Training: From improving prospecting strategy to the art of persuasion, this course covers every step in the sales process and provides take-away tools that will help increase revenue.
- In-Person, Wastewater Treatment (odd years, only): This comprehensive three-day course, only offered in Annapolis, Maryland, will cover all aspects of wastewater treatment, including influent and effluent clarification, solids removal and dewatering, chemical application, and screening products for application. Your instructors include experts from the industry, well versed in a broad spectrum of applications. If your company has passed on wastewater treatment applications because you lack the knowledge to take advantage of these opportunities, now is the time to gain this knowledge and expand your business potential!
- Online Safety Training: The Association of Water Technologies (AWT) has partnered with The Marcom Group, Ltd. to provide professionals in the water treatment industry online safety training courses. The program allows you to train, test, and track the safety training of you and/or your employees. There are hundreds of courses to choose from and the system offers you easy reporting tools to monitor training progress.
Finally, we recommend that all employees of AWT member companies are registered with AWT so that they start to receive the Analyst and have access to the Members Only section of the website. In addition you should sign up for the following: