A critical part of being certified is maintaining your knowledge and skills about the industry. To ensure CWTs are up to date you must recertify every five years.
To recertify, you can either:
- Accrue 25 CEUs within a five-year period or
- Retake and pass the CWT exam.
There are a number of ways to accumulate the required credits for recertification:
- Attend an AWT Annual Convention (5 CEUs).
- Attend an AWT Technical Training Seminar (15 CEUs).
- Attend a free AWT webinar (AWT Members Only).
- Take quizzes on technical articles.
- Attend the IWC, CTI, ASHRAE, ASHI or NACE Conventions.
- Attend a training seminar or related workshop (RO Training, Pesticide Training, Boiler Maintenance, Cooling Tower Design, NACE Corrosion Seminars).
- Publish a technical article in an industry publication or water treatment book.
- Present a technical paper at a convention.
- Take college courses on subjects related to water treatment.
- Receive a U.S. patent for an invention in the field of water or wastewater treatment.
For more in-depth information on recertification requirements please contact Angela Pike.
Check/Log Your CEUs