Members can keep up-to-date on the latest news in the water treatment industry, but we also want you to know what's going on within AWT.
NEW! Read AWT's response to ASHRAE 188P
AWT recently sent a water treatment newsletter to facility managers across the country as part of our effort to promote AWT members and CWT's. If you have a tip to be included in the next issue, please email it to email@example.com.
Cooling Water Management Best Practices. The AWT Green Task Force created a best practices document regarding cooling water and is working on a grassroots campaign to get these best practices accepted by the USGBC in LEED Version 4, which will come out in 2012. The primary focus of the current USGBC guidelines is to find alternate make-up water sources. AWT now has the opportunity to provide direction to the USGBC. We are working with related stakeholders such as ASHRAE, IAPMO (International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials), CTI, ASHE, etc. The best practices can be found here.
The Boiler Pretreatment Matrix summarizes fourteen pretreatment unit operations. The Matrix assembles practical information about each unit including affect on water, control tests, service checkpoints, design flows, ease of operation, and additional comments. The Matrix is available on the Members Only portion of the website.
Members of the media can find information about AWT here.
- December 2, 2012 — AWT Encourages Public Comment on New Water Use Standard
- September 23, 2012 — AWT Instates New 2013 President and Board of Directors
- September 21, 2012 — AWT Names 2012 Water Technologist & Supplier of the Year
- January 26, 2012 — R. Trace Blackmore, CWT, Earns LEED AP
- September 18, 2011 — AWT Elects New 2012 President and Board of Directors
- September 16, 2011 — AWT Names 2011 Water Technologist & Supplier of the Year
- October 26, 2010 — AWT Elects New President and Board of Directors
- October 22, 2010 — AWT Names Water Technologist & Supplier of the Year
- October 15, 2010 — AWT Celebrates 25 Years
- June 1, 2010 — R. Trace Blackmore, CWT, Earn LEED GA
- August 30, 2009 – AWT Elects New President
- August 28, 2009 – AWT Names Water Technologies & Supplier of the Year
- November 9, 2008 – AWT Elects New President
- November 7, 2008 – AWT Names Water Technologies & Supplier of the Year
- November 21, 2007 – AWT Names Water Technologies & Supplier of the Year
- November 21, 2007 – AWT Elects New President
- November 20, 2007 – AWT Launches New Logo and Website
- October 4, 2006 – Chuck Hamrick elected AWT President
- October 4, 2006 – Bruce Ketrick Receives Water Technologist of the Year Award
- June 19, 2006 – AWT Meets with Delegation of Chinese Water Treaters