A critical part of being certified is maintaining your knowledge and skills about the industry. To ensure CWTs are up-to-date you must update you certification status every 5 years.
The recertification handbook can be found here.
There are new ways to accumulate the required credits for recertification:
- Attend AWT Convention
- Attend AWT Technical Training
- Attend the IWC, CTI, ASHRAE, ASHI or NACE Convention
- Company-sponsored training programs, training seminars for your customers or clients on safety or water treatment-related issues
- Attend a training seminar or related workshop (RO Training, Pesticide Training, Boiler Maintenance, Cooling Tower Design, NACE Corrosion Seminars)
- Publish a technical article or present a technical paper at a convention
- Publish a technical water treatment book
- Take college courses of subject matter related to water treatment.
- Attend a free AWT webinar. You can log webinars you attend on the AWT Webinars’ Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Log For Certified Water Technologist (CWT) Recertification and submit with your Recertification application as proof of credits.
- Review a technical article and take a short quiz.
For more in-depth information on recertification requirements please contact Angela Pike (800) 858-6683.